The PTO’s biggest responsibility is to fundraise for the school.
Walk-A-Thon - held in the fall
- The PTO funds and hosts the Walk-A-Thon as Rice’s main fundraising opportunity.
- Students set lap goals and collect pledges prior to the event.
- 100% of the monies raised go directly to the school. These funds pay for things like field trips and special assemblies, which benefit all of the students at Rice.
- Students can win prizes based on laps completed and funds raised. More information coming soon. Please encourage your Raptor(s) to participate!
The PTO is funded by Freebie FUNdraisers (Box Tops, Labels for Education, milk caps, etc.)
- These funds allow us to support things like the Ice Cream Social, Walk-a-Thon, Santa’s Workshop and Rice Spirit Gear sales.
- We also support our fantastic teachers with various gifts and goodies throughout the year.
- Many of you may remember that last year, the PTO was able to approve all grant requests made by the staff at Rice to the tune of almost $6000. This is made possible by YOUR efforts.
If you are interested in helping the PTO’s funding efforts, the Freebie FUNdraiser chair position is available. This a voting position that also requires superior counting skills and a good pair of scissors!
If you have a home renovation project scheduled this fall, Gallegos Sanitation has a roll-off dumpster that was decorated by Rice students. If you request it for your project, a portion of the rental fee goes to Mrs. Tennyson in the Art room. Call Gallegos for details.