In order to achieve our vision of an exemplary elementary school, we the Rice staff will...
- Approach each day with optimism and enthusiasm.
- Establish clear, high expectations with specific academic and behavioral targets for all students.
- Provide the support and challenge needed for each child to meet the expected targets.
- Work as a collaborative team to continually increase our knowledge and use of research supported strategies to support students academically and behaviorally.
- Deliver meaningful, relevant, and differentiated curriculum that prepares all students for the next level of learning.
- Systematically assess student learning to drive instruction, set appropriate learning goals, and inform students and parents of progress toward expected targets.
- Educate the whole child by providing direct instruction in art, music, physical education, and technology.
- Implement the components of the Positive Behavioral and Intervention Support (PBIS) model to encourage exemplary behavior and facilitate academic success.
- Establish two-way communication within our school community to promote academic excellence and citizenship.