Let’s keep reading! The Rice Media Center will be open three times this summer for students to come in and check out books. Also, our kindergarten and first graders can exchange their book bag books sent home in May for new ones during this time.
The media center will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 10th
- Thursday, July 8th,
- Thursday, July 29th
Please enter the school through the playground doors and follow the PSD COVID-19 Protocols when visiting the media center.
- A symptom screen is still required before entering into any school building.
- Students should not attend if they are ill.
- Please maintain at least 6 feet away from any non-household contacts while in the media center.
- Student face coverings
- 11 years old and under: Masks are strongly recommended but not required indoors. In the event of an exposure, students wearing masks would be less likely to receive quarantine orders.
- 12 years old and up: Fully vaccinated students may choose NOT to wear a mask if they show proof of vaccination to school, following PSD protocols.
- Daily symptom screening is still required through the PSD Community Portal. Parents must complete this if entering the building.
- Masks are required indoors.
- If fully vaccinated parents are going to be in the school for an extended period of time and would like to be exempt from wearing a mask indoors, they must show proof of vaccination (14 days final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine) at the school.
- Parents meeting in close contact with staff may only choose not to wear a mask if the staff member has shown proof of being fully vaccinated.
We look forward to seeing you when you come in to check out books!